Rope Access Information Evening for the Australian Institute of Health and Safety
June 15, 2020 | Company News
Tasman Rope Access, in conjunction with IRATA International and the Australian Institute of Health and Safety, will be hosting an industrial rope access information evening, currently scheduled for mid-July 2020. IRATA International is now recognised as the world’s leading authority on industrial rope access. IRATA has over 540 member companies worldwide and has trained in excess of 100,000 rope access technicians.
The evening will provide directors, operations and HSE personnel the key information regarding their due diligence requirements for ensuring the safe working at height through industrial rope systems.
The evening will cover:
- An introduction to working at height and industrial rope access systems
- Development of the Industrial Rope Access Trade Association (‘IRATA’) membership and certification scheme
- Governance and training of rope access technicians
- Current legalities under the OSH Act/WHS Green Bill and the ‘employer/PCBU’ and ‘worker/officer’ duty of care requirements
- The relevant ISO/EN/AS/NZ Standards
- Common working at height risks and the required controls
Attendees can also get involved with ‘hands-on’ demonstrations throughout the evening.
Watch this space for further information!